Sunday, June 28, 2009

More garden pix

Click to enlarge!

Raspberries are delicious this year - we're in a race to get them before the birds do.

Pumpkins, melons, lettuce & Swiss chard pictured here.

Squash, mung beans, peas, tomatoes & beets here.


Starting to see some green tomatoes.


Carrots.


Eggplants and peppers.


Cilantro.


Parsley.


My lovely Korean neighbor gave me these two plants from her garden, but I have no idea what they are. She says she wraps meat and rice in the leaves of the one pictured above (when they get bigger) and promises it is delicious. I think she called it "sesame leaf" but I'm not sure.


This is an herb that migrated from her garden. She says she chops it up and adds it to food and that it is very healthy and good for women. Again, not sure what it is. She makes wonderful kimchee and her garden is spectacular, so I guess she knows what she's talking about!

No comments: