Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011 !


Oh - did I kind of drop the December blogging ball?

Guess so.

The fact that half my downstairs was torn apart and I couldn't find my laptop might have had something to do with it.

But I'm pleased to say that Phase I of our renovation is done - we have a family room - and I have my laptop (and a temporary desk) once again.

And it's latelatelate on New Year's and we're home from a party, waiting for the kids to finally fall asleep. What better time to write?

2010. What can I say? There were highs. There were lows. And since you truly can't have one without the other, isn't that what Life is all about?

So 2010 was Real Life. Hard core. The year I finally got in touch with my Inner Athlete and became a Martial Artist. Went to the next level with my spouse. Started to burn out on homeschooling. Stopped caring so much about what everyone thought and started to truly be Me for the first time since Middle School, when it didn't go over so well.

What will 2011 bring? Will I get my Yellow Belt? My Green Belt, even? Will Phase II of the renovation happen as effortlessly as Phase I? Will I find time to work on my ultra-cool novel? Will my children embrace my model of learning, or at least go to school to resist someone else's model for a change? Will I finally get to go backpacking? (I'm not getting any younger, you know...) Will Savageman and I educate and inspire engaged, pregnant and breastfeeding parents through our various activities - and guide and encourage young Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts as well? Will we attempt another family vacation?

We shall see.

In the meantime, it is very late and I think the kids are finally asleep. Time to crash too. Real Life resumes as of 8:30 or so in the morning when That Dog wakes everyone up wanting his breakfast, even though he jumped up and ate several cookies off the counter a little while ago when we weren't looking.

That's in 6 hours. Better get to bed.

Happy New Year, all 2 of my readers. Hope it's a great one!

No comments: