Monday, August 27, 2012

Day ?: Empty Nest :)

All three boys got on separate buses and headed for separate schools this morning.


The Teen: Off to his third year of Catholic School.

Middle: 8th Grade

Little: 4th Grade


We've been gearing up for this for about a week now, putting the kids to bed and getting them up progressively earlier each day.  My goal is to feed them Real Breakfast every day, so I did a dry run yesterday to gauge how long it would take to cook bacon and eggs and biscuits, etc. and get it on the table.  Nice to actually have a sit-down meal with the three of them for a change.

When they were gone, Savageman and I headed for the gym, where I ran 2 miles, lifted, stretched, ran some more, talked to people, stretched some more...

And now we're home.  The house is fairly clean.  Dinner is in the crockpot. 

Savageman and I are looking at each other like...

Now what?

Maybe it's time to break the kayaks out.

:-)

No comments: