Wednesday, March 11, 2015

4 More Weeks

 Groundhog Day, Thumb Edition.  The doc looked at the shadow on the X-ray and declared there would be four more weeks of healing time before I could take the splint off and start Doing Things again.  Until then, no putting pressure on it, no impact... no martial arts.

Of course, I'm still doing lots of martial arts, just modified and with the thumb encased in foam, plastic, and more foam / velcro.  No hard landings on the one side, throwing elbows instead of punches, not grabbing with that hand.

This had better be benefiting my non-dominant hand skills.

Honestly, I'm trying to have a good attitude about it, but patience is not one of my strengths when it comes to these kinds of obstacles.  I was really hoping he'd say the healing is ahead of schedule, not behind.


No comments: