Monday, November 02, 2009

Day 2: Escape of the Inner Editor!


I can't believe it.

Sometime during the night, the dreaded Inner Editor must have become bored looking for typos in the newspaper and nitpicking the plot inconsistencies of TV shows in the Inner Editor Kennel, and she escaped!

Boy, was she pissed.

She was waiting for me when I woke up. I made some coffee, gathered my writing totems, sat down at the computer and there she was, arms folded, foot tapping.

I can see why my psychology students (and my homeschoolers) feared her so much. She immediately went to work on my draft, adding and deleting, putting little comments in brackets - things like [SLOW THIS DOWN - it's like a speeding train!!!!!] with capital letters and exclamation points, while I sat and pouted.

Now I can see why it is so important to keep these things locked up. I spent 2 hours working and increased my word count by a mere 251.

Sure, I listened to her - she's right, she's always right. And she did fix some serious suckiness.

But I sent her back to the Kennel with a stack of trashy novels and told her I didn't want to see her again until she was done with them.

She left, muttering something about how all of those trashy novels were Published and mine wasn't and probably never would be.

*!*

No comments: