Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 23: New Jeans!

I haven't seen the show Flash Forward or the film 2012, but I get the impression that themes regarding making the most of the time you have and examining the path you're on are emerging in mainstream culture. And not just among us 40-something women. So I'm not going to interpret the underwhelming response to the bucket list question as a lack of interest in the topic, just a lack of readers and / or willingness to answer such a personal question.

So be it.

I have new jeans!

How exciting is this? I am officially down to my grad-school / working summers at high-adventure camp / hiking, canoeing, rock climbing, spelunking, scuba diving weight. Without dieting.

And no, Mom, I don't have an eating disorder. I'm just doing martial arts and eating good food. Drinking water and seltzer (and coffee). Treating myself in other ways. Listening to more music and less news. I think French Women Don't Get Fat made a big impression on me when I read it 3 months ago. The lesson I learned there was, enjoy life and you won't feel the need to overeat.

Just deciding to enjoy life a bit more has been good in itself - the weight loss was simply a pleasant side effect.

But it sure felt great putting on those new jeans!

No comments: