Saturday, November 20, 2010

Time in my Bubble

I'm writing this on my Nook at my in-laws. It has a web browser - one big plus I hadn't even considered when I bought it. Next to my brother-in-law's iPad, I think it's the coolest new toy at the party.

So, did I use all that stuff I took on the car ride?


Not really.


I read my magazines and some of my novel, but most of the trip was spent listening to music and looking out the window letting my thoughts wander. Which was also nice.

It was kind of like being in my own little bubble, where I could think about whatever I wanted without having to answer any questions other than the occasional, "Are we there yet?"

Given the degree of Mind Clutter I've been dealing with lately, this was a welcome change.


If I could schedule myself time like this every day, it would probably help a lot. Which is probably where the real value of the power nap lies - not the sleep itself, but the act of removing myself to my room and being away from everyone.

We still have the trip home to look forward to. I plan to read and sleep. Still no writing going on, but I'm giving myself the mental space to really think about and develop my story in my head. Not really the point of NaNoWriMo, but that's okay.

Come to think of it, maybe I will do some writing in the car. I have a few things ready and it would a confidence-builder to show myself that I can do it.

The kids will likely be asleep, so I won't even have to answer "Are we there yet?" questions. I could get a lot done in 2 hours of being in my own little isolation bubble.

Glad I brought those notebooks.

:-D

No comments: