Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers' Day

... began with a 2+ mile run with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. It was nice catching up, and a new thing for both of us to run with someone else.

Starting the day with a run makes such a difference to me. Usually I sleep in on Sundays, getting up just in time to do the morning routine and get to Mass. Today after the run, I worked in the garden for a while, helped my neighbor put the canopy on her swingset and had coffee before getting into the shower. I had a more productive morning, and more energy throughout the rest of day, thanks to that run.

Extra energy came in handy today - I did a bunch of shopping and made a special Fathers' Day Feast featuring ingredients from the garden. We sat down together as a family and used the good china - which I haven't brought out in years, although I keep vowing to do so. It was nice to have an excuse, and I couldn't think of a better reason than to celebrate Savageman and all he does for us (and all he puts up with, for that matter.)

Sweet man...

No comments: