Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Playlist

One of the reasons running has been feeling so great?

The music.

The music is what brings it all together. And my challenge has been to find the right songs, with the exact right cadence, to match my stride and keep me moving along.

Yesterday, I put together a playlist of songs I thought would work, and first thing this morning, I tested it out on a 2+ mile run.

Best songs so far:

Blurry by Puddle of Mudd
Steve McQueen by Cheryl Crow
You Found Me by the Fray
Mystery by the Indigo Girls
Shame On You by the Indigo Girls
Something to Believe In by Parachute
Bring Me To Life by Evanescence
Breathe by Melissa Etheridge
It Won't Take Long by the Indigo Girls
My Last Breath by Evanescence
Whisper by Evanescence
Deconstruction by the Indigo Girls

The closer the song is to the cadence of my running, the better. Blurry and You Found Me have been perfect. A few of the others require me to speed up a bit, which isn't such a bad thing. I think I'm running about 8-9 minute miles right now. Since I found mapmyrun.com, I've been able to keep better records of my neighborhood runs.

Still on the lookout for more good music with the same beat, but this is a good start.

As always, I'm amazed at how much better I feel when I start the day with a hard workout. The whole day, including the long car trip and visit with relatives, was such a pleasure.

No comments: