Wednesday, November 09, 2011

25%

It's 10:30 and I'm eating a McFlurry.

Peanut Butter Cup.

Very tasty.

Savageman just brought it home - he's been at the McDonalds with Middle and the karate friends for the last two hours, where it seems he was telling them all about my NaNoWriMo project.  I called to let him know I was coming up on 15,000 words - a quarter of the way to the 50,000 word goal - and he brought me home this treat.

Savageman's awesome that way.

I actually started today a full day behind.  Squeezed in some writing while Middle and Little were doing math, and then got the rest of the way caught up this evening.  It meant parking Little in front of the computer for some Netflix viewing tonight, but being caught up again was worth it.

I've been attempting this every November for several years now, but this is the first time I've really felt good about it.  Good story, good characters... no idea what's going to happen, so it's almost as fun and suspenseful as reading someone else's book. 

As for the writing itself?  I really don't know.  That's the Inner Editor's department and I fired her for the month.  There are some things that I know she likes, and I'm taking care to remember those for when she comes back.  I'm using colorful verbs.  But I haven't read it over, I haven't changed anything, I just pick up each day with where I left off and move it forward. 

In NaNoWriMo, it's all about the word count.  No time to worry about anything else.  That's the beauty of it.


I'm attributing much of my success so far this month to the Fall Declutter Effort.  Clearing my space and my head of the mess and distractions has lightened the load on me considerably. I'm also taking better care of myself, eating well, exercising 2+ hours almost every day, and getting really good sleep.  All of this makes me happier and more productive in general. 

Good stuff to remind myself if I start feeling dreary later in the winter.  :-)

I'm going to finish my McFlurry and watch at least part of a movie with Savageman.  It was thanks to his efforts to keep the kids away from me tonight that I got caught up. 

I think I'll save him the last few bites.

No comments: