Monday, November 14, 2011

The Kayak Needs a Name

... and quickly, because the little Savages have started calling it the Mim SlimJim.  They've decided that its hue somewhat resembles a SlimJim wrapper. 



Not that they would know what that looks like, since I only allow good, wholesome, non-processed food in my house... right?

(sigh...)
Anyway, the good news is we took it out today and it is indeed Creekworthy.



We had yet another unseasonably warm November day and the quackers and honkers were also paddling around on the creek.  Little and I took a ride together to check them out. 


Middle thinks the kayak is okay, but doesn't really need one of his own. He was content to take the pictures. Little, on the other hand, can't wait for me to find a second one so we can go out together all the time.  I'm keeping an eye on Craigslist.


All in all, it was another great day.  Happy in the house, listening to good music and being productive; happy outdoors, enjoying what might be the last of the warm weather and doing something different with the little Savages.

But I need a better name for the boat.  Or a fresh coat of paint.

No comments: