Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 62: Recovery

Okay, I feel like I was hit by a truck.

Hearing that Middle's 16 year old buddy (and a fellow green belt who tested with me) felt the same way today made me feel better.  It's not just that I'm Old.

The toe is fine, as long as I leave it taped to its buddy.  It's the rest of me that hurts.  My arms, my legs, my back, my neck... it's all just... Ow.

Realizing that I'm going to be a whole lot worse if I let the stiffness set in, I dragged my butt to the gym this afternoon.  After a long sauna, some time on the eliptical and some running, I feel a lot better.

(I miss my Vibrams.  Since my toes are taped together, I had to run in the "foot coffins" which felt really weird after almost a year without them.  Extra motivation for the toe to heal quickly!)

The feeling of Ow I have today really isn't such a bad thing.  My body is reminding me of what I accomplished yesterday, which was no small thing.  Remembering it makes me feel Strong, and that feeling will last long after the Ow fades away.

Grateful tonight for:

yesterday's opportunity to prove to myself how strong I am and how far I've come in my training

recognition and praise from teachers and friends and family

Savageman, who came to watch my test and take pictures afterward

a strong body and mind

a clear head and a peaceful spirit

the bonding and trust - and enjoyment of each other - that my fellow students and I share

more fun to look forward to in the months to come

a hot bath and a good book... which are calling to me now

:-)

No comments: