Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 65: Juggling

House chores in the morning, off to work by 10:30, neuropsych tests until 6:30, pick up the Teen at lacrosse, grab my gi and dash into the dojang just in time for the 7:10 class.  With extra help and social time afterward, it's 10:30 before we're home.

Honestly, I don't know how people juggle a full-time job with keeping a home, raising children, nurturing a marriage, and still taking time to exercise and do something for themselves.

I guess that people who do it all the time figure out a routine that works.  I only work a few days per month, so there's been no real opportunity to do that. 

Grateful tonight that my work is just part-time at this point.  Right now, it's enough to help pay the bills and to make me appreciate the flexibility I've enjoyed for so long.

Grateful also for interesting and challenging work in my field that also pays well.

Grateful for a warm bath and a good book at the end of a long day.

:-)

1 comment:

notlikeacat said...

NO idea how people do this. I've been attempting it since the end of November, and it was really ridiculously rough. Now my work has tapered off (ended) and suddenly I'm having face-time at our preschool again, playing with my kids, etc. It's great. Much easier, in some ways. Except I like have a job and an income.

How do people do it??