Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 71: Backflip!

My Ninja Bud and I took a small road trip out to Gettysburg tonight to catch a glimpse of Rick Santorum.

I'd actually met and spoken with him before, during one of his Senate campaigns. He's a nice guy with a nice family. A Catholic homeschooler like myself. I have his wife's book, Everyday Graces, which uses stories and poems to teach good manners to children. I used to read it to the boys at bedtime.

Not sure if either of us will vote for the guy, but it was a nice excuse for a roadtrip.

It was fun to get away for a while. We didn't get real close to Rick, and I didn't get to have my book autographed as I had hoped. We did, however, meet two of the Duggars, which amused me very much, because my friend recognized them immediately and I thought they were just two regular people like us on line. We got our picture taken with them. They, and all the people we stood with on line, were extremely nice.

And, as always, we had a lot of laughs.

I got home to find out that, after close to a year of work at it, Middle had finally mastered the backflip. (Probably better that it happened when I wasn't around.) I know it was a proud moment for him, though, and I'm happy to see that his hard work finally paid off. 

He did get this cool video of it:


No comments: