Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 77: Wrapping Up

Breakfast this morning was Quaker instant oatmeal eaten directly out of the little paper pouches it comes in.  I had no idea you could even do that.

We hiked back to the lodge, still soggy, and had another training.  This time a family practice M.D. talked to us about medical issues related to Women in the Wilderness, Lyme disease, and Wilderness First Aid.  Very interesting and very useful.  Looking forward to taking the full Wilderness First Aid training course this year when it's offered.

We prepared more backpacking food, brainstormed more ideas for upcoming trips, discussed icebreakers for the girls, etc.

I came home with a wish-list of books and equipment, some of which will probably have to wait.  Fortunately, I got all of the important stuff a long time ago.  I'm eager to finally put it to use.

Grateful today for these kinds of opportunities, and for a family who successfully holds down the fort so that I can participate in them.  I came home to a clean house and happy boys. 

Showered and fresh and getting ready for an evening out with the Ninja women tonight.

:-)

No comments: