Thursday, January 12, 2012

Counting Blessings - Day 3

This is going to be a stretch tonight, but I'll give it a shot.

Ativan?  I could be grateful for some of that.

Okay, being serious now - I just spent an hour kickboxing and two hours teaching pregnant women how to breathe and relax. 

I don't need no stinkin' Ativan. 

Red wine, maybe.

(Deep breath.)

I am grateful for a roof over our heads.  Healthy food to eat.  Boys who are being good and not wasting said healthy food.

Clothes to wear.

(Oxygen.  Oxygen is good.)

Kickboxing.  Kickboxing was really good.

The already-paid-for-the-year gym membership.  And three-months-paid martial arts.

My parents, who are blissfully enjoying a cruise to beautiful, warm places.

Friends who fed me coffee and breakfast this morning, friends who drove my kids around this evening.  Friends to spend the day with tomorrow.  Help that will be there when we need it.

Savageman, the best friend of them all.

(Another deep breath. I'm a pro at the breathing thing.)

Okay.  That's better.


4 comments:

notlikeacat said...

I am behind! Is everything OK?

Kath said...

Hubby lost his job :-(

Julia Magnusson (It's not like a cat...) said...

Oh, no. I kind of got that vibe from the more recent posts, but wasn't certain. I'm sorry. I wish him lots of luck in his search and lots of hugs to all of you. It sounds like you are doing lots of positive things amidst the change.

Kath said...

Thanks! Hoping that in the long run we will see this was for the best. He's not the kind of person who will jump unless he's pushed, and it's kind of nice to have so many options on the table.
Terrifying, but nice too. :-)