Thursday, January 05, 2012

Wow, I'm Tired...

After about a week without a martial arts class, I went back today - took kickboxing, then class, then another class for good measure. 

And in both classes, we had to practice various falls, which was a little scary since it was the first time really working on them since the rib injury during my test. 

But I did them, and I don't seem to be any worse for the wear, at least for now. 

Plus, I was in the gym by 7:10 this morning, and ran two miles, which also seemed to go fine, although I was careful to warm up slowly and and ice my foot afterward, just in case.

(Note to self: wearing fresh workout clothes to bed makes it a whole lot easier to get up and go to the gym in the morning.  It's the changing out of the warm pajamas that really makes it unpleasant, and today I didn't have to.) 

The thing that really amazed me was how tired I was, going from the vacation sleep schedule to the bed-at-1 a.m.-and-up-with-the-Teen-at-6:40 a.m. schedule.  That and the lack of exercise really did a number on my mood and energy level these last few days. 

Tonight, after all that work, some time out with friends, and some caffeine, I feel like I'm finally getting back to normal.

No comments: