Sunday, April 01, 2012

Day 84: Practice Area

We finally got our practice area set up in the basement, complete with mats, a kicking bag, and a big mirror I found on Craigslist this week.



I still need to mount the mirror on the wall, but this is a good start.  It really helps to see myself when I'm working on forms in particular.  For $20, that big mirror was quite a find.

It is also heavy - very heavy.  Hard to believe I would let myself drop it on my one good pinky toe, but I did.  At first, I was sure that the toe had just been completely chopped off.  I was afraid to look. 

But it was still there - it was just swollen and purple and nasty looking.  I got ice on it right away and it actually seems fine now - not broken, just bruised.  (My other pinky toe is another story - it's been 4 weeks now and I think the bone is healed but the joint is messed up.  It's going to be a long time before that one feels normal again.)

Grateful tonight for my new practice area, and ample time this weekend practicing with friends at the dojang as well.  I feel fit and strong and confident that I'm improving.  All good things.

:-)


No comments: