Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 94: Workin'

Wow, my day goes so differently when I work.

Especially when I come home with a paycheck.  :-)

I got a pep talk from one of the neuopsychologists about all the cool things I can be doing once I finish my dissertation, once I get licenced as a clinician... (neither of which is happening anytime soon, I hated to tell her).  She did suggest I try proofreading dissertations for cash.  Now, that I can do with my current credentials.  I promised to look into it.

It's nice feeling like a grown-up, getting paid for valuable work, feeling like all those years of graduate school weren't a complete waste. 

Draining to come home to a house and kids who were basically waiting for me to get home and then play catchup, before running out the door to escape into forms and kicks and punches for the rest of the evening. 

It's been a full day.

The rest of the week promises to be full as well.  Tomorrow will be the real catchup day, plus martial arts classes, Little's first baseball game, plus a new childbirth class starting in the evening, after which the dojang gets mopped and cocoa is consumed with the friends.  Friday is another work day, followed by camping in D.C. with Girl Scouts and a tour of the White House and Mount Vernon on Saturday.

Pant, pant.

It's all good.

Time to go soak in the tub.


No comments: