Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Day 87: Wow, I Needed That

Bliss.

That's what I'm feeling right now.  Pure bliss.

It's the exercise.

It was an upsy-downsy kind of day.  Stressful.  Teary, even.

But at 5:00, Middle and I made our escape and headed into the dojang.  An hour early.

I stretched and worked forms on my own for an hour.  No distractions. 

Meditation in motion.

Kickboxing class was intense.  I partnered with a big guy and we both kicked hard.  Since the toe break, I've had to be careful with the pivoting and kicking, but today I taped it good and forgot about it.  Kicked my heart out.  We beat the hell out of each other, did a ground-and-pound drill with the kicking bags on the floor, and jumped rope in the interim.  It was gratifying to see how powerful my new side kick is now that I'm getting used to it. 

We left the room completely drenched.  Spent.  Euphoric.

Changed and took class, where once again I delighted in my new side kick and the other changes I've been making.  It's nice to be lined up right behind the black belts and feel like I belong there.

Grappling lessons after class.  My worst skill, but I'm getting better.  I just needed some direction and a chance to practice.

Now that I'm home, I'm basking in the endorphins.  Watching a movie with Savageman and Little.

As for the stressors, they aren't gone, but I'm coping better with them now than I did this afternoon. 

Things are in perspective, and all is right with the world. 

Breathing deeply, melting into the couch.  Snuggling with Little.

Feeling noodlely once more.


2 comments:

notlikeacat said...

Sounds like a great evening :)

Kath said...

The best. Wish it always felt this good. :-)