Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 127: Workin' 9 to 5

An uncommonly long day for me today gave me an appreciation for how many of my friends live. 

Get up, work all day, come home, change, work out, squeeze in a protein bar here and there for sustenance, come home late to home and family and laundry and chores.

Except in my case, my family members (including Savageman for quite a while) were at the dojang with me.  At least they weren't home messing up the house, although the tradeoff is that we're eating dinner at 10:30 p.m. 

Thank God they're homeschooled and can sleep in tomorrow.

I, on the other hand, am going back in to work again tomorrow.  One of the neuropsychologists is sick so I'm filling in for her.

It was nice having Savageman at the dojang after classes tonight.  I practiced open hand and kum do forms in the second room and he lounged on a stack of mats and chatted with me.  It was a good exercise for me because by now they should be automatic enough to execute while carrying on a conversation.  Thinking I could actually do this at home in my new practice space, but it's ever so much more fun in the spacious dojang with all my friends there. 

I got yet another complement tonight - this time from the Tough Guy (ex-Marine?) I sometimes work with in kickboxing.  He was watching me work on my forms before class started and he remarked that the transformation in me was amazing - that something must have really clicked for me recently. 

It made me feel all squooshy inside. :-)  But just for a minute.  I'm a warrior, remember?  I kick ass.

Tonight?  My ass is kicked.  I need to go to bed and get up again for work in the morning.

No comments: