Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 143: Taking Stock

Three days and counting.

We didn't get to go in as early as usual today, but the time we spent before kickboxing was useful.  My guru went over three-step fighting techniques with me, which I hadn't done in a while, so that was good.  During class, one of the female sabumnims went through my other fighting techniques with me in both attack stance and defense stance, and I was able to tweak some of those as well.  After class, I practiced all my hapkido with an older teen black belt, who let me throw him around as much as I wanted, which was great.

All much-needed and much-appreciated stuff.

So I feel ready, at least material-wise.  There are some things I won't get to prepare for - like sparring two or more black belts at once - I'll just have to trust that my training and endurance will be enough to get me through that part. Ditto for any grappling that may be required.

It occurred to me that it's been a while since I've taken the time to focus on the blessings in my life for which I am so grateful. These include:

Savageman and my boys, who inspire and challenge me and keep life interesting
My parents, who are always there to jump in when we need them
My friends, who are loyal and fun and who love and support each other in so many ways
My teachers and the dojang community
A strong and healthy body
A part-time job I love which has helped keep us afloat
The feedom and flexibility homeschooling has given us
A home to live in, cars to transport us, healthy food and clean water
Entertaining and affectionate pets
Having the woods and the creek and such beautiful natural surroundings at our disposal
Having the time to enjoy these things
Summer fun, cookouts, camping and pool time ahead
The kids' ninja friends, especially my surrogate daughters
Good books to read, good movies to watch, good recipes to try
Time to breathe, relax and appreciate it all


No comments: