Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 134: New Routine

I've been working.

4 days last week, at least 3 days this week.  So far.

I'm starting to get used to it. 

I get up as Savageman and the Teen are leaving for the high school at about 7:30.  I get dressed and ready then get the neighbor kids on their bus at 8:30.  Check email, do Home Management stuff.  I leave for work at 9 and arrive by 9:15.  I get my tests ready to go, make copies of anything I'm running low on, sharpen pencils and wait for my patient's clinical interview to be over.

I do the testing and score the tests.

Then it's home, catching up on what's been going on there, getting things done, getting the place cleaned up.

Then we're off to the dojang for the rest of the night if it's Monday, Wednesday or Friday.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have other responsibilities as well, but we still reconvene at the cafe by 8:30 or 9 on those nights for some social time and Karate Nerd conversation.

Tonight was Teen Ninja Girl's birthday, so we stayed late and had cake and a Candied-Bacon-Topped Apple Pie that Middle prepared for her.  Much fun.

The only thing I miss?  Staying up late and watching a movie with Savageman.  I could, but I want to be sharp for work in the morning, so I don't.  We read instead.  For about 10 minutes.

It's different... but it's been working.  If I needed to do it full-time, I probably could.

But I'm hoping I won't have to.

:-)

No comments: