Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 38: A Much-Needed Break

I spent the majority of the day out of my house. 

Went to the gym in the morning.  Came home, did a token amount of schoolwork with kids, then headed over to my friend's house where we sat and played with our wool and made interesting and intelligent conversation for many hours. 

Exactly what I needed. 

Little played with her daughter, who had a half-day of school.  At one point, they did the old Mentos-in-the-Diet-Coke-bottle trick outside and took a cool picture of the geyser they had created.  Which may have even been educational.  Either way, it was all good.

After that, we went to kickboxing, then I taught my childbirth class, met up with Middle at the Starbucks, hung out there with the ninja friends for a while, made roadtrip plans for Monday...

... and now I'm finally home.

Which feels nice after not being here all day.

Maybe I need to make this a habit.  Put both kids in school next year like their brother and get a job.

I don't know. There would certainly be much to gain from that, but also much to lose.  Including days like today, spent with a good friend, doing whatever we feel like doing.  Soon it will be warm enough to garden and hike and camp and kayak - all things to look forward to as well. 

Circumstances down the road may leave me with less of a choice in the matter, but for now, I like the job - jobs - that I have. 

I just need to remember to get out of the house more often.

:-)

No comments: