Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 45: Productivity!

That was the theme today.  We were up and in the gym by 7:30.  I heated, I stretched, I walked, I ran, I stretched again, I used the leg press.  I'm rehabilitating a hip muscle injury, so this was an important start to the day.

Schoolwork, then wool / rug hooking supply shopping with my enthusiastically crafty buddy.  She went home and spent the afternoon dying and preparing wool for us.

I went home and did

...this:



Both kayaks are now suspended from the ceiling with a rope system that allows me to raise and lower them in a jiffy. 

I also cleaned out my side of the garage, so I can once again park my car there.

It was a productive day, to say the least. 

The fact that it was 60 degrees didn't hurt.  It felt so good to be outside, working on a satisfying project. 

I didn't get to kick and punch, but I still got plenty of exercise.  After my childbirth class, I managed some quality time with the ninja friends, which was great since we haven't really seen much of each other since our trip on Monday.  We got three days of catching up done in about an hour - also very fun and productive.

Settling in with an ice pack and more Dystopic Fiction with Middle tonight.  Speaking of scary futuristic worlds, my ninja bf is ordering our Hunger Games tickets online - it took her two days to read the book, just as I predicted.  Can't wait.

I'm on a roll.  Hope it continues, and that the hip heals quickly.  Belt test is in 16 days, then serious ToughMudder training begins.

:-)

No comments: