Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 49: Scrivener

Today I finally managed to go through the Scrivener tutorial start to finish.

What a cool thing!

I'm uploading my NaNoWriMo draft and getting to work adding my research, preparing it for editing, getting it all organized. 

Just playing with it in the context of the new software is kind of exciting.

I'm a little nervous to actually read it.  I already know that there are a lot of things that need to be changed; some of them are major things.  My main characters are too much alike, there's not enough tension, my minor characters are bland, and the ending... let's just say I got to 49,980 words, wrapped it up quickly and said "The End." 

I knew I would have to go back and give it a proper ending at some point, but it was the end of November - the conclusion of NaNoWriMo and NaBloPoMo - and I was just happy at that point to be stumbling over the finish line at all.  Now that I've had some distance and perspective, I'm certain that it will need a completely different ending anyway. 

Going to be brave and finally take a peek.

Tomorrow.

No comments: