Friday, December 02, 2011

A Little Stressed?

Six months of working on the Green Belt material and the Big Test is tomorrow morning.

36 Taekwondo actions
25 Fighting techniques
30 Hapkido techniques
5 Judo techniques
11 forms of 20+ moves each
2 nunchaku forms
1 sword form
15 different types of falls

Not to mention the physically challenging part of the test - the burpees, pushups, crunches, & continuous sparring - interspersed with the memorized material listed above...

And the emotional stress of having my teachers and mentors and fellow students watching, and having Green Belt expectations of me now...

And knowing that I totally choked in each of the mock tests I took this week, including tonight...

I work too hard at this to suck at it on the day of the test.

(The irony of it is, the more I think that, the worse I suck. I'm quite good at psyching myself out.)

So tomorrow, I'm going into this like it's a regular double class, which I take all the time.  That's how I need to keep thinking about it.  Just like a regular cardio+class.  Grueling and exhausting, but in a good way. 

Green will be such a nice color to wear around my waist.

In the meantime, I'm trying not to growl at people.  I've had a lot on my mind, and a lot of responsibilities to juggle.  Preparing for this test was just enough to push me over the edge into not-so-nice, but it will be over in a few hours and I will sleep and recover and be back to my usual sweet self.

I promise.
:-)

No comments: