Thursday, December 15, 2011

Working

I spent the last two mornings working.

Like, at a job.

In my field.

(Not my field as in the field across the street where they're building a house.  My field as in I used to be a Brain Scientist before my own brain got so fried from raising children that I couldn't even remember where I put my keys, let alone the role of the anterior cingulate  cortex in the modulation of attention. THAT field.)

In any case, it's nice to be working again.  I've done it on and off for the last 10 years or so, but my friend and employer has moved to a bigger space with a separate office where I can come in and administer neuropsych tests. 

So they're scheduling me with some regularity now, which is great.

With the Teen in school, Middle homeschooling on the Self-Directed plan and Little working with my mom for a few hours every day anyway (Thanks Mom!), the change in schedule hasn't had a major impact.

Although the house is messier than usual this week.  I'll clean it tomorrow.

Happy to be dressing up and going to the office regularly again, doing meaningful work that is both challenging and interesting, with people whose company I enjoy.

:-)

No comments: