Monday, December 19, 2011

Okay... Christmas

It's the 19th.  I started early this year.  ;-)

No tree yet, but we did actually go to the tree place - they just weren't open when we stopped by. 

But it counts.

Did a good bit of shopping.  I especially enjoyed finally getting out to see my good friend at the Heaven and Nature store where she works.  It was lovely.  I didn't want to leave.

Middle, Little and I spent the whole afternoon Christmas and grocery shopping.  We got a lot done, but by the time I was checking out at the grocery store, my anterior tibialis tendonitis was acting up to the point that all I wanted to do was go home, apply ice, and take large quantities of Aleve.


I did that for about 20 minutes and headed out for 2+ hours of kickboxing and martial arts class.

Suck it up, ankle.  This is what we do.

Tomorrow I need to make cookies for an evening cookie exchange.  Wednesday I work, Thursday features a Winter Solstice party / drum circle, Friday is for last-minute shopping and wrapping, and Saturday is Christmas Eve with my parents.  Sunday we travel to CT for the day.

This is my preferred way of doing Christmas - one intensive week, followed by a week of relaxing and enjoying each other's company and our new toys.

Off to put together some gift bags.  And ice my foot.

:-)

No comments: